The Burin Peninsula Chamber of Commerce will foster a positive economic climate on the Burin Peninsula founded on:
- Greater regional cohesion.
- The development of new opportunities and an entrepreneurial culture.
- Enhanced national and international activity.
- An advanced educational system.
- The preservation and celebration of our heritage and culture.
- Maintaining the quality of life desired by residents of the region.
The Chamber will achieve these objectives through partnerships and by seeking industry and employment opportunities that build on our strengths. Together we shall see that the Burin Peninsula enters the next century with a vibrant, youthful and highly skilled workforce.
The Burin Peninsula Chamber of Commerce has five main functions:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of a Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) supported by an Integrated Business Plan (IBP) for Zone 16.
- Develop a strong partnership with municipalities and local service districts
that incorporates the strategies and priorities of municipalities and local service districts in the economic planning process in Zone 16.
- Develop partnerships in planning and implementation with Chambers of Commerce, Rural Development Associations, Industry Associations, Labour Organizations, Post Secondary Institutions, CBDC’s and other
zones that advance and support the economic and entrepreneurial environment of the Zone.
- Undertake capacity building and provide support to stakeholders to strengthen the economic environment of the Zone.
- Coordinate and facilitate linkages with international and interprovincial economic
development initiatives and federal/provincial/municipal government departments & agencies in support of the strategic economic plan.